The following article is a sample from the full BVOP™ Ultimate Guide and is part of the preparation for the BVOP™'s modern Agile Human Resources Management Professional Certification Program.
Candidates management may include the following activities that require special focus:
- Defining job descriptions
- Candidates interviews
- Post interview activities
Defining job descriptions
Before new candidates are processed the job descriptions need to be clearly defined and announced with strict and clear responsibilities and desired skills from the candidates.
The new applicants need to understand if their profiles and skills sets match the position before they wish to apply. A clear understanding of the job descriptions may prevent time waste for applicants and the organization.
Before attending an interview the candidates need to know and understand the entire hiring process with all eventual stages, tasks the applicants may be asked to do and all additional information like who will participate the interview, the location where the interview will be conducted, the languages that will be used during the discussions and the needed materials and preparation from the candidates.
During the interview, the Business Value Oriented People Management (BVOPPM) office representatives ensure that all discussions, test sessions or demonstrations are relative to the position and are conducted with positive and open manner.
After the interview, the Business Value Oriented People Management (BVOPPM) office representatives inform the candidates when they will receive feedback and all potential further processes that the candidates need to know.
If candidates do not match positions, BVOPPM office representatives share with them the reasons why they are not chosen for the position and the areas they have not demonstrated enough skills or the qualities of their personalities does not match the organizational needs.
The organization may need to define the characteristics, skills, behavior, and personality of the desired personnel. The Business Value Oriented People Management (BVOPPM) office participates in defining these attributes together with other offices and makes plans for hiring needed individuals.
The BVOPPM office representatives may participate in the following activities related to the new members of the organization:
- Discussing job descriptions and responsibilities.
- Organizing proper environment settlement, tools provision and access to workplace, databases, products, and tour.
- Organizing a plan for acquiring specific skills.
- Organizing knowledge sharing from other offices, departments, teams or key roles.
- Assisting in formal, informal, individual and collective socialization.
- Presenting and requiring specific behavior aligned with the organizational culture.
- Presenting organizational regular events, strategies or plans related to the new members.
- Presenting possible paths for development and career growth inside the organization.
- Presenting communication channels with the organizational offices.
- Presenting the available support from human resources offices and how the members can approach representatives.
- Presenting social packages and bonus schemes.
- Presenting principles like proactivity, responsibility, ethics, and need for personal and professional development.
- Establishing a strong and positive relationship with supervisors and direct managers.
Offboarding is a process of separation between the employee and the organization that involves multiple planned steps.
This is a sensitive matter as in some cases it is related to negative emotions. The BVOPPM office participates fully in managing potential negative emotions from both employee and organizational side and focuses on potential positive outcomes for each side.
Other activities of the BVOPPM office related to the offboarding may include:
- Analyzing the reasons for leaving or dismissal
- Assist in resignation or dismissal.
- Sending off-boarding notifications to interested parties.
- Organizing and assisting in knowledge transfers.
- Organize environment, tools, databases and access resetting.
- Organizing and conducting an exit interview.
Leaving and dismissal reasons management
The BVOPPM office maintains a list of general reasons for people leaving the organization and dismissal factors and plans improvement in human resources strategies and participates in improving strategies of all organizational offices.