The following article is a sample from the full BVOP™ Ultimate Guide and is part of the preparation for the BVOP™'s modern Agile Human Resources Management Professional Certification Program.
Personal development is essential for both people and organizations, and its outcomes may include:
- Increased self-confidence
- Improved or new skills
- Increased motivation
- Increased productivity
- Improved behavior
- Increased commitment
- Improved communication
- A better understanding of processes and management
- A better understanding of objectives and missions
- Applying knowledge and expertise
- Developed mature reactions and adaptation to changes
- Maintaining mental states
- Supporting initiatives of others
The Business Value-Oriented People Management (BVOPPM) office creates plans for personal development that contain clear objectives, definitions, and instructions.
Personal development management may include:
- Improving self-awareness
- Identifying weaknesses
- Improving skills or learning new ones
- Identifying and developing strengths or talents
- Improving social or health status
- Improving work-life balance
Before initiating personal development activities, the BVOPPM office teaches people inside the organization why it is important and how it can be accomplished.