All sections of the BVOP™ Ultimate Guide are part of our management certification training.
Participation in program management and Supporting
The following article is a sample from the full BVOP™ Ultimate Guide and is part of the preparation for the BVOP™'s modern Agile
Project Management Certification
Participation in program management
The Business Value-Oriented Project Management (BVOPM) office may be part of the Business Value-Oriented Program Management (BVOPGM) office, or they both may be considered as one.
Participation in program management may include:
- Assisting in defining project management methodologies, practices, or frameworks.
- Requesting support, advice, and knowledge from other roles.
- Assisting in modifying or mixing project management methodologies or practices.
- Presenting decisions, pros and cons to interested parties.
- Assisting in training other roles in the modified methodologies or practices.
- Assisting in maintaining a knowledge database of lessons learned.
- Assisting in spreading knowledge across other roles.
- Supporting other roles, offices, and interested parties.
The BVOPM office participates in various supporting activities planned by the BVOPGM office and follows its strategies, objectives, and guidelines.
Supporting is presented in the Business Value-Oriented Program Management section.
BVOP™ Community Reviews
Samantha Evans, BVOP™ Project Manager
The project manager is the management role that is really close to the team and the project. Participation in the definition of project management methodologies and practices is a fully understandable activity as the program manager does not always know details about the project specifics and the work of the teams.
BVOP addresses that senior management should apply modern management principles in organizations. The role of the program manager is precisely that - to introduce a new mentality. The program manager should be the provocateur of collaborative work between program and project managers. The role of the BVOP Executive Director is the same, but while the senior management does not introduce a modern culture and understands, "responsibility" lies with the project manager.
Interact with senior management at any cost, on a regular and projective basis. Communicate with your teams, keep your notes and points. Create conditions for productive work together with senior management.
It is not by accident that BVOP states that PM and PGM offices can be accepted as one.
Comments of our guests