The following article is a sample from the full BVOP™ Ultimate Guide and is part of the preparation for the BVOP™'s modern Agile Project Management Certification Program.
Program management participation
The Business Value Oriented Project Management (BVOPM) office may be part of the Business Value Oriented Program Management (BVOPGM) office or they both may be considered as one.
Participation in program management may include:
- Assisting in defining project management methodologies, practices or frameworks.
- Requesting support, advise, and knowledge from other roles.
- Assisting in modifying or mixing project management methodologies or practices.
- Presenting decisions, pros and cons to interested parties.
- Assisting in training other roles in the modified methodologies or practices.
- Assisting in maintaining a knowledge database of lessons learned.
- Assisting in spreading knowledge across other roles.
- Supporting other roles, offices and interested parties.
The BVOPM office participates in various supporting activities planned by the BVOPGM office and follows its strategies, objectives, and guidelines.
Supporting is presented in the Business Value Oriented Program Management section.